Sunday, December 20, 2015

Santa Sack Swap 2015

This year I joined up with the Santa Sack Swap organized by Cheryll. A big thank you to Cheryll for arranging this swap and keeping us all on track with reminders on the deadline! This is my first time participating in this swap, and it was a lot of fun. We had to make either a stocking or tote and fill this with gifts, the bulk of which were to be handmade. (you can see the gifts I made here)

I was partnered with my new friend out in British Columbia, Debbie at Debbie's Corner. We have been emailing each other back and forth through the course of this exchange and have got to know each other a little bit. I think that is the best part of these swaps in gaining another special friend.

Debbie and I both agreed to make a tote for the other, so that was where I started sewing. I worked on the items to be sent throughout the summer and then put a little bit more steam on as our deadline in November drew near. Both our parcels were sent out ahead of deadline, and Canada Post delivered each of our boxes in record time. Friday was our official opening day, and I was so very happy with the amazing bundle of presents I received.

Since I've been following Debbie's blog, I've admired her beautiful cross-stitched items. I was so happy that a cross-stitched Christmas decoration was included! Such fine detail on this little treasure.


A pair of royal blue fingerless mitts! Aren't they pretty? The pattern is lovely, and these will be perfect for our rather mild winter ... ahem, having said that, we are currently getting snow!


A lovely set of dish scrubbies. These are so cute, and something I haven't seen before. Debbie tells me they are crocheted and then stitched into the circle. I always use hand knit cotton dishcloths as I really like the feel of the cotton and they hold up so well. I believe these are crocheted using the same cotton, as they feel so lovely and soft. They'll be put to good use this holiday ;)


This is the clever tote which Debbie tells me is a Japanese knot bag. You slip the longer handle through the short handle and it closes up the tote. Such a smart design, and a perfect size! It's also reversible with some lovely cotton on the inside.




And look at this beautiful shawl! I just love the shade of blue used here, and there's a nice lacy edging across the bottom. It's a really nice size for wearing ... not too big and not too small. It's quite cozy and I've had it around my shoulders this afternoon while the snow whips around outside. Beautiful work!



Now this next gift really caught me by surprise! I thought at first it was a pretty watercolour print until I read the title printed in the lower right corner "After the Rainstorm" ... hmmm ... then it struck me! This is my own photograph that Debbie copied and changed into a watercolour print!! It gave me such a thrill that she was so thoughtful to recreate this photo for me and frame it up too. This was one of my favourite photos of our summer camping (post here). Thank you for this Debbie ;)



And of course, there were lots of tasty treats tucked into the box! Who doesn't love chocolate ;) And nothing tastes better with chocolate in my humble opinion than a good cup of tea! And I do like Earl Grey! There is also a scented votive candle and two solar power candles which sit in your window, recharge during the day and light up at night! Just a nice little detail on a dark winter's evening.



And that's been my great Christmas Swap! Thank you again Debbie for making such beautiful gifts and becoming a good friend in this blogging community. It's been such fun working on these things at the same time and exchanging emails. And a big thank you again to Cheryll for making it all happen!



Merry Christmas Everyone!

Thanks for stopping by ;)

Wendy









12 comments:

  1. Wow, you got some great gifts!! That shawl is beautiful. What a wonderful idea to turn your picture into a watercolor print and then frame it. I think with these swaps it's fun to have surprise's. Gives me some ideas for next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of lovely gifts to enjoy. Happy Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  3. You received some nice gifts in the swap Wendy and I know you would have made some neat things to send out to BC. I'll visit Debbie's blog for sure - love the shawl, and the colour!
    Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful thoughtful gifts from Debbie - hard to beat the watercolour isn't it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful package, Wendy! Debbie clearly put a lot of thought into the items that she created for you. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all your gifts but that photo and shawl were so thoughtful.... How lucky are you

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such lovely gifts! That was an excellent swap - I'll go visit your new friend's blog and see what you came up with, too. I love that little ornament! And I especially like the bag - it's been on my list for ages to make one for a knitting project bag. I think I could wear it on my wrist and knit on a sock when I take Piper for walks in the woods. Nicer than my ziplock bag system LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What beautiful gifts you received, Wendy. Your watercolour print is a beauty and that lovely blue shawl looks lovely and warm. I can't believe that your Winter is mild....not way up there in Canada. Have a lovely Christmas, Wendy, as you celebrate with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely and such beautiful creative gifts. I love the shawl. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What thoughtful and beautiful gifts you received!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG... the print is GoRGeOUs... and so are all the gifts. I'm so pleased you enjoyed this swap. Merry Christmas to you & the family... xox

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such beautiful gifts you received from Debbie.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment, it's nice to know when you've stopped by! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...